Aurora 14.0 Beta Webinar Recording
Recording & Slides from Beta Webinar
Aurora v14.0 continues to raise the bar for power market modeling. This version introduces a number of client-requested features like:
1. Multi-Processing Runs – Adding to the option to parallelize runs across years, by spreading out the computational load over machine cores, you can now easily divvy up your computing power by Study Cases or by Risk Iterations for faster throughput.
2. User Experience – All new update to the filter and sort functions provides more flexibility to customize data views exactly the way you need them. Both functions provide near unlimited criteria on one form, rather than limiting it to four entries. We’ve also refreshed the interface for a new look and feel, and added accessibility improvements for third-party screen readers.
3. More Time Series Options – The new Time Series Pattern and Timeslice Definition tables for time series data provide significant flexibility, especially for sparse data that follows a pattern. No need to enter repetitive data – just enter the values and specify exactly which time periods they apply to in a powerful new format with available expressions for just about any scenario.
4. LT Enhancements – We’ve added features to include new build resource options in portfolios, offer more user control for the Capacity Pricing Function, and to improve asset valuation during an LT study by including a shadow resource in each iteration. Other general improvements were made to help expansion scenarios with storage and hard to meet emission reduction targets.
5. Enhanced Scripting Experience – Try out the fully revamped interface making it easier than ever to build automation into your Aurora modeling processes.
6. More Output Flexibility – Build your own automation around output processing with a new dynamic way to access output data mid-simulation with the new output plugin. You can now also update the output database using Parameter Sets to send different study cases to unique outputs.